Sunday 23 June 2013

Dover - Cap Gris Nez : 21 m (34km) - Time to Walk the Talk



Over the past three years, I have raced the boats home along the shores of the White Cliffs, swam under the fire red sky's and darkened rain clouds of the English Channel, and ridden the great white horses whipped relentlessly by the Northerly and SSW winds that mother nature has sent to test my resolve and commitment to swimming the 'Everest' of open water swimming.

Along the way, I have also successfully swam England's longest lake and completed a 5-man relay swim of the Channel, and have met some great characters and personalities from around the world, that have totally enriched my life and this whole experience.

The commitment from the support team around me, my girlfriend, swim coach and the open water team at Dover Lifeguards has been total.

In 8 weeks time, its 'time to walk the talk', as I swim the English Channel for terminally ill children and the four cancer centres of the UK., a challenge that yes is tough, but pales into insignificance to the challenges faced by many individuals and their families on a daily basis.



Therefore, if you can please help me in some small way to support other ordinary people and their families, those that lead extraordinary lives as a result of fighting cancer or a terminal illness, please donate now, wouldn't it be money and time well spent if we can help keep families together that little bit longer


TOUCHING DISTANCE - DESTINATION FRANCE 

   


 

No comments: